Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Budget Wall Decor, Landscape Memories

Pin it!
Decorating Walls around your flat screen can be tricky.  I wanted a clean look here and I knew I wanted multiple images.  I had plenty of family on display in this room and I still wanted the wall to tell a story.  Then a friend posted a fantastic lanscape image of a lake I used to live by on Facebook and this idea was born.  Frame beautiful landscapes of places you used to live or favorite places you've visited.  We dont travel much but we sure have moved alot and our children were born in different cities.  So I went online and found some fantastic landscapes that were taken by amateur photographers.  I sent emails and gained permission to print them.  I was fortunate enough to get most of them all for free.  One is taken by my dad and I purchased a few of them on istock.com for a few bucks each.  

I found these 11x14 frames at the Dollar store and found mattes for a buck each at The Christmas Tree Shops.  Wal Mart had the exact same frames for $3.00 with mattes.  I picked up the prints 8x10 and 5x7 at Wal Mart for less than $3.00 each.  So I Classy-fied an entire wall for less than $50.00. It's a great conversation display full of memories.  I love it when I can tell a story in my home decor without breaking the bank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment